Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Well having had some down time lately, I decided to start going through my image banks to see if there were any hidden images that were forgotten about. In doing so I took a different perspective with looking at the images. Previously I have been primarily a B&W landscape photographer. With this mindset I ignored the color qualities of my images and basically looked for images that held potential for a B&W composition. So with going through my old work again I switched my mindset and started looking for pieces that would make nice color images. This brought about about a great moment of discovery for me. Forcing myself to look at my images in a different way made me notice images that I would have otherwise neglected. Here are a few of those images.

All of these pictures were taken with a 5D and Canon 17-40mm lens. There were no filters used, so the color you see are a good representation of what I saw while taking the pictures. The only alterations to the images were basic adjustments done during RAW conversion in CS3.






1 comment:

  1. Mike,

    No. 3 really does it for me. The ripples draw in your eye where you find an incredible splash of orange and blue. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete