Monday, July 26, 2010

BUGS, BUGS, BUGS!!!

So it is summer and what does that mean? It means its time for bug photography again. Here are some of the images I have been working on over the last few days. All images were taken with a Canon 20D and a 100mm macro lens. The first is of a juvenile praying mantis. This creature hatched from one of two egg sacs that were on a patch of prairie grass in front of my house. These the images were taking utilizing natural lighting.




This image is of a monstrous wolf spider my friend caught the other day. This thing was HUGE! When we were taking pictures of this guy he jumped of the drop cloth and me and my friend jumped and screamed like little girls. My wife couldn't stop laughing at us. Finally the spider (and us) chilled out long enough to pull off some images. Image was taken using 2 studio strobe lights.





There are some small creatures that look rather cute close up (like the above wolf spider). On the other hand there are some freaky creatures that look outright evil. Check out the below spider from my garden. This guy looks like he would be straight from a horror movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment