Monday, February 8, 2010

Well cabin fever is setting in and I am finding myself daydreaming about being out in the field taking pictures. Specifically I am dreaming about Sandhill Cranes. These magnificent birds will be coming to Kearney, Nebraska in a little over a month. I go here a few days every year to get images of the cranes. Last year I got some of my best photographs of the them. But photography is like a drug and when you get a solid image it just makes you want to take more. That is where I am at right now siting at my desk just itching to get my photography fix filled. Here are a few images of the cranes from last year. These images were all taken within a two hour interval. The last picture is my favorite. I had been trying for three years to get a solid image of a crane dancing and playing with corn stalks and I finally nailed one last year. I would love to hear your feedback on these images so let me know what you think.




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful sandhill crane series Mike! It is indeed getting to be that time of year again. The detail in the wing of the 2nd shot is incredible. I love the simple, but elegant composition of #2 and of course, the last one is fantastic - you really nailed that one.

    BTW, I'll be going out on Apr 2 this year.

    ReplyDelete